Friday, August 29, 2008

Prom Night -A DVD Review-


I love horror films, lemme just say that up front if it isn't yet clear to the newbies! A good slasher... A GOOD slasher will always be judged honestly by me. I'm not always looking for perfection in a slasher, nor am I necessarily looking for innovation. When I see a good horror film; filmed right, amped up with the right amount of tension, I love it and I'll sing it's praises. 
I know I said the purpose of this website is to enlighten you to films you should see, regardless of the genre! I appreciate all types of film and therefore I want to tell you, dear reader, about the best of what's good.
However... sometimes big commercial films don't live up to snuff and were I to ignore them you might think I didn't see them and therefore you should take a chance. 
Let me tell you about Prom Night!
This is a remake of a classic horror film with the intention of making an ingenue a star, and the threat of sequels (god forbid!).
Clearly the filmmakers were going for a Scary Movie type deal cos the set-up was everywhere; girl witnesses her parents killed, girl mostly recovers, girl is still young and sexy and in high school, girl is still up for some dress-tearing action, and then the dress tearing begins!!!!
Prom Night (2008) is a bloodless, passionless tribute to '80's slasher films. Were it a high school term paper it would score; D for lack of violence and graphic depiction of death in an era of Alexandre Aja films; B for tension, which was sometimes effective but only towards the end when I wasn't sure what would happen; B for acting as far as Brittany Snow (Hairspray) and Dana Davis (Heroes) go. They were good, it's the material that sucked. F for failing to make me really scared; I was too busy mapping out (correctly) where the film would go next. 
I hate to say it, but avoid Prom Night 2008. 
It's available on DVD now. Brittany Snow wants you to rent it, but she's coming from a biased place. I'm not. Don't go anywhere near this movie!
Ooh, I think that's making her hot...
I think she likes me trashing her...
Yeah, and she's a bitch too...
You like this trashing, Brittany?
"Johnny Kocktail, you make me so hot I don't know whether to rub my pussy or sneeze!"
Wow, that's a bit intense, but I'll say let's all have a good night and NOT see Prom Night.
"I don't care if they see it Johnny, I've never actually seen my clitoris before now, and I want you to have it!"
Well thanks Brittany Snow, but I'll wait for the british tabs, not that they're interested!
Thanks for coming, see you soon!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home