Monday, October 13, 2008

Oscar is coming... look busy!

The date has been set; February 22, 2009!That's the day we'll learn which films campaigned hard enough to be recognized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Okay, clearly the Oscars are no yardstick by which to measure the merits of current films, but they usually get the popular ones right (although I loved No Country For Old Men, last year's Best Picture winner, I thought There Will Be Blood was one of the best films I'd ever seen! Daniel Day Lewis was acquitted by his win for Best Actor!).
However, soon enough we'll have our nominees for 2008 and aside from Heath Ledger's almost guaranteed (and more than well-deserved) posthumous nod for The Dark Knight I have no idea who to root for. 
Could Robert Downey Jr. see recognition for his awesomeness in an action flick like Iron Man? Sadly, prolly not. 
Will Woody get director props for Vicky Christina Barcelona? Mmm, again, sadly, prolly not. But then again...
What have you seen in the last year that deserves to be awarded?
Lemme know. 
I'm lost so far.
But then again I still have a lot of movies to see.

johnny



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home